We may earn a small commission when you click or purchase an item using a link on this website.
Taken out of commission in tandem with the beginning of the coronavirus pandemic, the DSS43 satellite dish in Canberra, Australia will be up and running once again this Friday. The DSS43 is the only mode of communication between Earth and the Voyager 2 probe, which has been roaming the cosmos since August 20, 1977. The dish itself has been in operation since 1973, and up until March of 2020 had seen few significant upgrades. Upcoming missions, including three spacecraft set to land on Mars this year, necessitated major improvements to the satellite.
The unfortunate timing of the scheduled DSS43 refurbishment made for an unanticipated hiccup in the upgrade plan — though a team of thirty scientists was supposed to oversee the reconstruction, that team was reduced to just four at a time for a number of months due to pandemic restrictions. Luckily, no significant issues arose from this disruption and the upgrades were completed as scheduled.
The 11 month lapse in contact with the probe posed significant risks to the Voyager mission; if anything had gone amiss during the blackout, NASA would have had no way to issue commands to keep it on course. A device aboard the probe, called a command loss timer, allowed the spacecraft to determine that it had lost contact with Earth and enter a form of electronic slumber until communication returned. By October 2020 the dish had enough functionality to send a test message to Voyager 2. Scientists made contact with the probe, issuing a series of commands for the first time since mid-March, and shortly after received a transmission confirming receipt of the call.
The 70-meter DSS43 satellite will soon have full functionality once again, and can continue receiving data from Voyager 2 until the projected end of the mission. Due to its distance and limited power supply, the spacecraft is expected to stay in contact with Earth for another four to eight years before continuing its ascent into the heavens alone.
Super Skrull G’iah: Unleashing a New Powerhouse with Corvus Glaive, Proxima Midnight, Ebony Maw, and The Outriders
Super Skrull G’iah: A New Powerhouse
– Super Skrull G’iah has gained new powers, making them a force to be reckoned with.
– Corvus Glaive is a member of the Black Order and is known for his superior spear-wielding skills.
– Proxima Midnight, another member of the Black Order, is a master at long-range combat and is deadly accurate.
– Ebony Maw possesses telekinetic abilities that allow him to manipulate objects and people, making him a formidable adversary.
– The Outriders are an army of genetically engineered creatures loyal to Thanos and are frequently used as his foot soldiers.
Get to Know the Players:
– Member of the Black Order
– Skilled spear-wielder
– Member of the Black Order
– Exceptional long-range combat skills
– Member of the Black Order
– Possesses telekinetic abilities
– Genetically engineered army loyal to Thanos
– Frequently used as foot soldiers
Super Skrull G’iah is like a power-packed superhero cocktail, with abilities from Corvus Glaive, Proxima Midnight, Ebony Maw, and The Outriders. It’s like they went to the “Supervillain Swap Meet” and came back with all the coolest skills. But let’s hope they use their powers for good and not just wreak havoc on the universe.
Original article: https://www.dualshockers.com/secret-invasion-corvus-glaive-proxima-midnight-ebony-maw-outriders-explained/
PS5 Beta Update: New Features and Exciting Tweaks Revealed
PS5 Beta Update Out Today, New Features Detailed
- Sony is rolling out a limited PS5 beta update today with tweaks and new features.
- The update will only be available to invited participants from select countries.
- Details about the new features included in the update have been shared on the PlayStation blog.
Tweaks and New Features Galore!
Sony is treating its lucky beta participants with a sprinkle of excitement today. The company is rolling out a limited PS5 beta update that promises to bring some tweaks and new features to the current-gen PlayStation console. However, only those who have received an invitation from select countries will have the privilege to be part of this beta test.
The PlayStation blog post details some of the new features that players can look forward to. While there are no major overhauls expected, this update aims to improve the overall user experience and provide a smoother gaming journey. So buckle up and get ready for some exciting tweaks!
Sony is treating its beta participants with a taste of what’s to come. While the limited rollout of the PS5 beta update might leave some gamers feeling left out, those fortunate enough to be part of the select few can anticipate a more refined gaming experience. Who knew tweaks and new features could create so much excitement? Happy gaming!
Original article: https://www.playstationlifestyle.net/2023/07/31/ps5-beta-update-out-today-new-features-detailed/
Leaked Information: Samsung Galaxy S24 Line – Key Features and Speculations
Leaked Information: Samsung Galaxy S24 Line
- The Samsung Galaxy S24 line is set to be released next year.
- News and rumors have been circulating about the potential features and improvements of the new devices.
- The Samsung Galaxy S24 may have a new design with thinner bezels and a smaller hole-punch camera.
- There are speculations that the S24 could feature an under-display selfie camera.
- The devices are expected to come with upgraded processors and improved cameras.
- There might be a Pro model in the S24 lineup with additional premium features.
The Samsung Galaxy S24 line is generating a lot of excitement with its rumored design changes and potential new features. With thinner bezels and a possibly under-display selfie camera, the S24 could be a visually stunning device. The improved processors and cameras are also likely to enhance the overall user experience. Samsung fans should definitely keep an eye out for this highly anticipated release next year.
Original article: https://www.techradar.com/news/samsung-galaxy-s24