We may earn a small commission when you click or purchase an item using a link on this website.
Cars that drive themselves are hitting the road, and they use swarms of sensors to track their surroundings. While full self-driving remains a tricky goal for automakers, the streets continue to populate with millions of cameras, infrared sensors, and audio inputs.
The self-driving revolution’s ultimate promise is a fully integrated highway: one where every car, van, and sedan link up. Each vehicle will communicate with all other vehicles. The roads themselves will work as online networks: An internet of things. So, when the streets get smart, how will transportation look?
Potholes frustrate humans and machines alike. In a brief Twitter exchange, Tesla CEO Elon Musk affirmed his company could detail “micro maps” of the streets. The first jalopy to confront a challenging scenario will teach the Jeeps that follow.
Automated pothole avoidance could save a few calls to AAA, but the implications are more profound. If bots can negotiate complex road conditions, they may find other valuable pastimes as they drive.
Self-driving software is highly specialized, of course. Programmers don’t train their models in facial recognition. So, it is unlikely that car cameras will locate lost pets or identify fugitives. That said, future iterations of self-driving tech will take in nuance, rich data.
The self-driving software available today is adept at tracking automobiles and road signs. If those skills could develop further, AI-driven cars may recognize lawbreaking on the road.
Consider this hypothetical: a full-auto Ford notices another driver swerving. If the machine merely avoids the obstacle, the threat remains for others. Reporting the danger to nearby police may be a more ethical decision. Indeed, catching a drunk driver could save lives.
Of course, any machine that inserts itself into the justice system is suspicious. That sentiment is well-founded. Keeping roads safe is essential, though. In some cases, automated reporting of traffic violations could be a force for good.
The other potential area of improvement is traffic reduction. Traffic jams are not a force of nature like earthquakes or acid rain. Many jams start with just one person slowing down. Then, the driver behind slows as well. And so on. Like a shockwave, a jam can roll backward for miles. Hundreds of minor hesitations build into a clustered mess.
Scientists have discovered that just a few self-driving cars can resolve human-made ‘phantom jams’ — jams with no apparent cause like an accident or roadblock. If autonomous vehicles assimilate the asphalt, the stop-and-go nature of big cities like LA and New York could end.
In 2020, Americans saw a 50% decrease in the time they spent in traffic due to the pandemic. It may be a taste of an efficient, self-driving future. Less traffic is good for the environment too. Idling a car wastes up to half a gallon per hour.
Autonomous vehicles will be revolutionary to every aspect of transportation. It’s no wonder governments and businesses are racing to stake their claims.
Driving from point A to point B is just the beginning. Everything in between is steeped in actionable data. What’s important isn’t the destination: it’s the journey.
Super Skrull G’iah: Unleashing a New Powerhouse with Corvus Glaive, Proxima Midnight, Ebony Maw, and The Outriders
Super Skrull G’iah: A New Powerhouse
– Super Skrull G’iah has gained new powers, making them a force to be reckoned with.
– Corvus Glaive is a member of the Black Order and is known for his superior spear-wielding skills.
– Proxima Midnight, another member of the Black Order, is a master at long-range combat and is deadly accurate.
– Ebony Maw possesses telekinetic abilities that allow him to manipulate objects and people, making him a formidable adversary.
– The Outriders are an army of genetically engineered creatures loyal to Thanos and are frequently used as his foot soldiers.
Get to Know the Players:
– Member of the Black Order
– Skilled spear-wielder
– Member of the Black Order
– Exceptional long-range combat skills
– Member of the Black Order
– Possesses telekinetic abilities
– Genetically engineered army loyal to Thanos
– Frequently used as foot soldiers
Super Skrull G’iah is like a power-packed superhero cocktail, with abilities from Corvus Glaive, Proxima Midnight, Ebony Maw, and The Outriders. It’s like they went to the “Supervillain Swap Meet” and came back with all the coolest skills. But let’s hope they use their powers for good and not just wreak havoc on the universe.
Original article: https://www.dualshockers.com/secret-invasion-corvus-glaive-proxima-midnight-ebony-maw-outriders-explained/
PS5 Beta Update: New Features and Exciting Tweaks Revealed
PS5 Beta Update Out Today, New Features Detailed
- Sony is rolling out a limited PS5 beta update today with tweaks and new features.
- The update will only be available to invited participants from select countries.
- Details about the new features included in the update have been shared on the PlayStation blog.
Tweaks and New Features Galore!
Sony is treating its lucky beta participants with a sprinkle of excitement today. The company is rolling out a limited PS5 beta update that promises to bring some tweaks and new features to the current-gen PlayStation console. However, only those who have received an invitation from select countries will have the privilege to be part of this beta test.
The PlayStation blog post details some of the new features that players can look forward to. While there are no major overhauls expected, this update aims to improve the overall user experience and provide a smoother gaming journey. So buckle up and get ready for some exciting tweaks!
Sony is treating its beta participants with a taste of what’s to come. While the limited rollout of the PS5 beta update might leave some gamers feeling left out, those fortunate enough to be part of the select few can anticipate a more refined gaming experience. Who knew tweaks and new features could create so much excitement? Happy gaming!
Original article: https://www.playstationlifestyle.net/2023/07/31/ps5-beta-update-out-today-new-features-detailed/
Leaked Information: Samsung Galaxy S24 Line – Key Features and Speculations
Leaked Information: Samsung Galaxy S24 Line
- The Samsung Galaxy S24 line is set to be released next year.
- News and rumors have been circulating about the potential features and improvements of the new devices.
- The Samsung Galaxy S24 may have a new design with thinner bezels and a smaller hole-punch camera.
- There are speculations that the S24 could feature an under-display selfie camera.
- The devices are expected to come with upgraded processors and improved cameras.
- There might be a Pro model in the S24 lineup with additional premium features.
The Samsung Galaxy S24 line is generating a lot of excitement with its rumored design changes and potential new features. With thinner bezels and a possibly under-display selfie camera, the S24 could be a visually stunning device. The improved processors and cameras are also likely to enhance the overall user experience. Samsung fans should definitely keep an eye out for this highly anticipated release next year.
Original article: https://www.techradar.com/news/samsung-galaxy-s24