We may earn a small commission when you click or purchase an item using a link on this website.
Viral TikTok videos of Tom Cruise have the internet — and digital imaging forensics experts — buzzing about how far AI image manipulation has really come. Four videos of Cruise emerged on the social video-sharing platform in late February under the username @deeptomcruise, raising eyebrows about whether Cruise himself had actually taken up contributing to TikTok.
Recent media coverage has revealed that the real Tom Cruise does not have a TikTok, but that the videos were fabricated using deepfake AI image manipulation technology.
The creator of the videos Chris Ube says that the account name should have been a dead giveaway that the videos were a hoax, though some were truly stumped when they learned that Tom Cruise did not actually post a video of himself playing golf on TikTok.
If you haven’t seen them already, you can watch the videos here.
Ube said that the videos were not intended to trick anyone or raise alarm, however notes that he did have one goal in mind when he made the posts: awareness.
After seeing the videos, many digital imaging experts have expressed concern about the pace at which AI image manipulation is developing. Hany Farid, one of such experts from UC Berkeley, said that he could not detect the usual discrepancies that separate deepfake videos from legitimate ones. He paints an imaginary scenario of a Jeff Bezos deepfake, where Bezos might be depicted discussing a plummet in Amazon stock profits, to point out how anyone with sinister motives could weaponize the technology.
Ume has suggested that in just a few years’ time, the average person may have access to this deepfake technology on simple social media platforms — which is why he hopes for better detection software and online regulation.
Deepfakes are just one of many emerging ways that call the reliability of information spread via the internet into question. As data scientists develop AI technologies at an exponential rate, Ube hopes that the regulation and monitoring of these technologies can keep up.
Super Skrull G’iah: Unleashing a New Powerhouse with Corvus Glaive, Proxima Midnight, Ebony Maw, and The Outriders
Super Skrull G’iah: A New Powerhouse
– Super Skrull G’iah has gained new powers, making them a force to be reckoned with.
– Corvus Glaive is a member of the Black Order and is known for his superior spear-wielding skills.
– Proxima Midnight, another member of the Black Order, is a master at long-range combat and is deadly accurate.
– Ebony Maw possesses telekinetic abilities that allow him to manipulate objects and people, making him a formidable adversary.
– The Outriders are an army of genetically engineered creatures loyal to Thanos and are frequently used as his foot soldiers.
Get to Know the Players:
– Member of the Black Order
– Skilled spear-wielder
– Member of the Black Order
– Exceptional long-range combat skills
– Member of the Black Order
– Possesses telekinetic abilities
– Genetically engineered army loyal to Thanos
– Frequently used as foot soldiers
Super Skrull G’iah is like a power-packed superhero cocktail, with abilities from Corvus Glaive, Proxima Midnight, Ebony Maw, and The Outriders. It’s like they went to the “Supervillain Swap Meet” and came back with all the coolest skills. But let’s hope they use their powers for good and not just wreak havoc on the universe.
Original article: https://www.dualshockers.com/secret-invasion-corvus-glaive-proxima-midnight-ebony-maw-outriders-explained/
PS5 Beta Update: New Features and Exciting Tweaks Revealed
PS5 Beta Update Out Today, New Features Detailed
- Sony is rolling out a limited PS5 beta update today with tweaks and new features.
- The update will only be available to invited participants from select countries.
- Details about the new features included in the update have been shared on the PlayStation blog.
Tweaks and New Features Galore!
Sony is treating its lucky beta participants with a sprinkle of excitement today. The company is rolling out a limited PS5 beta update that promises to bring some tweaks and new features to the current-gen PlayStation console. However, only those who have received an invitation from select countries will have the privilege to be part of this beta test.
The PlayStation blog post details some of the new features that players can look forward to. While there are no major overhauls expected, this update aims to improve the overall user experience and provide a smoother gaming journey. So buckle up and get ready for some exciting tweaks!
Sony is treating its beta participants with a taste of what’s to come. While the limited rollout of the PS5 beta update might leave some gamers feeling left out, those fortunate enough to be part of the select few can anticipate a more refined gaming experience. Who knew tweaks and new features could create so much excitement? Happy gaming!
Original article: https://www.playstationlifestyle.net/2023/07/31/ps5-beta-update-out-today-new-features-detailed/
Leaked Information: Samsung Galaxy S24 Line – Key Features and Speculations
Leaked Information: Samsung Galaxy S24 Line
- The Samsung Galaxy S24 line is set to be released next year.
- News and rumors have been circulating about the potential features and improvements of the new devices.
- The Samsung Galaxy S24 may have a new design with thinner bezels and a smaller hole-punch camera.
- There are speculations that the S24 could feature an under-display selfie camera.
- The devices are expected to come with upgraded processors and improved cameras.
- There might be a Pro model in the S24 lineup with additional premium features.
The Samsung Galaxy S24 line is generating a lot of excitement with its rumored design changes and potential new features. With thinner bezels and a possibly under-display selfie camera, the S24 could be a visually stunning device. The improved processors and cameras are also likely to enhance the overall user experience. Samsung fans should definitely keep an eye out for this highly anticipated release next year.
Original article: https://www.techradar.com/news/samsung-galaxy-s24