We may earn a small commission when you click or purchase an item using a link on this website.
In 2019, IBM unveiled a project ten years in the making: an artificially intelligent orator. The company set its machine against top debaters to great success. The babble battle was reminiscent of other stark milestones like Watson on Jeopardy and AlphaGo’s win over Lee Sedol in Go. Using a series of powerful AI tools, IBM succeeded in informing the human audience better than its opponent, Harish Natarajan. The AI couldn’t persuade the majority of audience members in that televised debut; nevertheless, it represented the cutting edge of information synthesis. Project Debater is a turning point in the information age, turning collossol data collections coherent.
To learn a topic, Project Debater mines an enormous body of written texts. Using millions of articles and other works, the AI plucks relevant arguments and sorts them into pros and cons. It can distinguish well-supported points from unsubstantiated ones, then organizes a chosen few into a compelling structure.
The program pulls from IBM’s previous conversational robot, Watson, to understand and respond to its interlocuter’s arguments. Nearly a decade Watson’s successor, Project Debater easily outshines the digital jeopardy champion.
Two years after that first debate, much of IBM’s machine learning model is open to academia. Many machine learning technologies find their way from privately funded facilities to the public. The IBM team explained to me that, “We do it because we want to break the idea that AI is a blockbox [sic]… – that it’s nothing to fear.”
In an interview with Scientific American, Noam Slonim –principal investigator for Project Debater– said, “the system we developed is more focused on logos. That said, I think it has elements of [ethos and pathos].” The engineer expressed how audiences find the data that Project Debater cites credible, lending to ethos. The voice sounds like a confident, metallic woman: expressive for a computer, but not human. Others, Slonim explained, are working to improve on the weaker aspects of the technology.
Project Debater’s ability to separate well-sourced information from bunk claims may offer a path to automated content moderation. Social media companies struggle to tamp down on disinformation, so IBM’s tech could quickly douse falsehoods with sourced fact-checks tacked onto posts.
As a moderator of comment sections, the AI could rate or rank assertions, helping users better understand the validity of claims. The IBM team said, “We hope developers… will think about applications for [the 12 API’s] in new and unique ways which we didn’t even consider.”
Most internet users rarely engage with opinions they disagree with and project debater could help. One potential use may be a browser extension to parse pro and con arguments for any given issue. With a tool like that, compelling arguments might change people’s opinions on complex topics.
On the other hand, if a person holds particular views, a well-sourced argument supporting that position could further entrench those beliefs.
Overall, robotic rebuttals and metal metaphors might be what humans need to see the bigger JPEG.
Super Skrull G’iah: Unleashing a New Powerhouse with Corvus Glaive, Proxima Midnight, Ebony Maw, and The Outriders
Super Skrull G’iah: A New Powerhouse
– Super Skrull G’iah has gained new powers, making them a force to be reckoned with.
– Corvus Glaive is a member of the Black Order and is known for his superior spear-wielding skills.
– Proxima Midnight, another member of the Black Order, is a master at long-range combat and is deadly accurate.
– Ebony Maw possesses telekinetic abilities that allow him to manipulate objects and people, making him a formidable adversary.
– The Outriders are an army of genetically engineered creatures loyal to Thanos and are frequently used as his foot soldiers.
Get to Know the Players:
– Member of the Black Order
– Skilled spear-wielder
– Member of the Black Order
– Exceptional long-range combat skills
– Member of the Black Order
– Possesses telekinetic abilities
– Genetically engineered army loyal to Thanos
– Frequently used as foot soldiers
Super Skrull G’iah is like a power-packed superhero cocktail, with abilities from Corvus Glaive, Proxima Midnight, Ebony Maw, and The Outriders. It’s like they went to the “Supervillain Swap Meet” and came back with all the coolest skills. But let’s hope they use their powers for good and not just wreak havoc on the universe.
Original article: https://www.dualshockers.com/secret-invasion-corvus-glaive-proxima-midnight-ebony-maw-outriders-explained/
PS5 Beta Update: New Features and Exciting Tweaks Revealed
PS5 Beta Update Out Today, New Features Detailed
- Sony is rolling out a limited PS5 beta update today with tweaks and new features.
- The update will only be available to invited participants from select countries.
- Details about the new features included in the update have been shared on the PlayStation blog.
Tweaks and New Features Galore!
Sony is treating its lucky beta participants with a sprinkle of excitement today. The company is rolling out a limited PS5 beta update that promises to bring some tweaks and new features to the current-gen PlayStation console. However, only those who have received an invitation from select countries will have the privilege to be part of this beta test.
The PlayStation blog post details some of the new features that players can look forward to. While there are no major overhauls expected, this update aims to improve the overall user experience and provide a smoother gaming journey. So buckle up and get ready for some exciting tweaks!
Sony is treating its beta participants with a taste of what’s to come. While the limited rollout of the PS5 beta update might leave some gamers feeling left out, those fortunate enough to be part of the select few can anticipate a more refined gaming experience. Who knew tweaks and new features could create so much excitement? Happy gaming!
Original article: https://www.playstationlifestyle.net/2023/07/31/ps5-beta-update-out-today-new-features-detailed/
Leaked Information: Samsung Galaxy S24 Line – Key Features and Speculations
Leaked Information: Samsung Galaxy S24 Line
- The Samsung Galaxy S24 line is set to be released next year.
- News and rumors have been circulating about the potential features and improvements of the new devices.
- The Samsung Galaxy S24 may have a new design with thinner bezels and a smaller hole-punch camera.
- There are speculations that the S24 could feature an under-display selfie camera.
- The devices are expected to come with upgraded processors and improved cameras.
- There might be a Pro model in the S24 lineup with additional premium features.
The Samsung Galaxy S24 line is generating a lot of excitement with its rumored design changes and potential new features. With thinner bezels and a possibly under-display selfie camera, the S24 could be a visually stunning device. The improved processors and cameras are also likely to enhance the overall user experience. Samsung fans should definitely keep an eye out for this highly anticipated release next year.
Original article: https://www.techradar.com/news/samsung-galaxy-s24