We may earn a small commission when you click or purchase an item using a link on this website.
Albert Einstein, the famed 20th-century physicist, is said to have an IQ of 160-190. That number says nothing about his conception of space-time, the inner workings of the atom, or the nature of light. Intelligence isn’t a number. It is a complex constellation of experiences and internal mechanisms.
When Einstein died, scientists sliced his brain and studied it. They searched for some clues to his genius and were perplexed. The field of neurology was young, but even today it is impossible to measure a person’s capacity from objective measurements.
The field of artificial intelligence suffers from a similar dilemma. In some ways, it’s clear that AI is becoming smarter. Computers defeat humans in new challenges on a regular basis, which signifies improvement. Computers outdo their previous iterations due to better software and hardware. Is the field of AI more intelligent than it was five years ago? Of course. But measuring that progress is no simple thing.
There are multiple methods to describe the intelligence of machines. In the early ’40s, computational power was measured in ‘kilogirls.’ It was tongue-in-cheek, but for a brief and rudimentary period, computers were measured against how quickly one thousand technicians (mostly women) could perform the task.
We’ve come quite far since then. The most powerful supercomputers today are beginning to break the exaflop barrier, meaning they can complete a quintillion mathematical operations in one second. More power really does translate to better AI as shown by the gargantuan GPT-3 language model produced by OpenAI. At the same time, a more efficient machine that is smaller might have worse results but could use a fraction of the energy. In some ways, that is the better AI.
Measuring AI specifically, some metrics are quite compelling. An obvious one, especially for things like image recognition and robotic maneuvering, is the error rate of the machine. As software improves, mistakes tend to drop. When compared to average human error rates, it is thrilling to watch competitive programs approach and then blow past the human barrier.
The quality of errors matters. Even when highly proficient, artificial intelligence makes simple mistakes. An image recognition algorithm can easily tell the difference between a cat and a dog with 97% accuracy. But the 3% errors might be obvious to a human observer. This is due to machines thinking very differently from humans.
High scores are yet another indicator of progress. Games requiring creative strategies train AI for challenges beyond the console. Also, when a game is first conquered by a computer, that constitutes a new layer of intelligence. Deepmind’s Go-playing AI learned the game from scratch which showed a level of development previously unseen.
A final, if controversial, indicator of intelligence is computing benchmarks. Benchmarks are a series of computing tasks made for machines to test their prowess. Strangely, they are often topped by the same organizations that created the benchmark. These leaderboards are constantly changing with many players jockeying to defeat the competition. Again, however, the strongest competitor may not be the most efficient which makes defining the best AI rather difficult.
Super Skrull G’iah: Unleashing a New Powerhouse with Corvus Glaive, Proxima Midnight, Ebony Maw, and The Outriders
Super Skrull G’iah: A New Powerhouse
– Super Skrull G’iah has gained new powers, making them a force to be reckoned with.
– Corvus Glaive is a member of the Black Order and is known for his superior spear-wielding skills.
– Proxima Midnight, another member of the Black Order, is a master at long-range combat and is deadly accurate.
– Ebony Maw possesses telekinetic abilities that allow him to manipulate objects and people, making him a formidable adversary.
– The Outriders are an army of genetically engineered creatures loyal to Thanos and are frequently used as his foot soldiers.
Get to Know the Players:
– Member of the Black Order
– Skilled spear-wielder
– Member of the Black Order
– Exceptional long-range combat skills
– Member of the Black Order
– Possesses telekinetic abilities
– Genetically engineered army loyal to Thanos
– Frequently used as foot soldiers
Super Skrull G’iah is like a power-packed superhero cocktail, with abilities from Corvus Glaive, Proxima Midnight, Ebony Maw, and The Outriders. It’s like they went to the “Supervillain Swap Meet” and came back with all the coolest skills. But let’s hope they use their powers for good and not just wreak havoc on the universe.
Original article: https://www.dualshockers.com/secret-invasion-corvus-glaive-proxima-midnight-ebony-maw-outriders-explained/
PS5 Beta Update: New Features and Exciting Tweaks Revealed
PS5 Beta Update Out Today, New Features Detailed
- Sony is rolling out a limited PS5 beta update today with tweaks and new features.
- The update will only be available to invited participants from select countries.
- Details about the new features included in the update have been shared on the PlayStation blog.
Tweaks and New Features Galore!
Sony is treating its lucky beta participants with a sprinkle of excitement today. The company is rolling out a limited PS5 beta update that promises to bring some tweaks and new features to the current-gen PlayStation console. However, only those who have received an invitation from select countries will have the privilege to be part of this beta test.
The PlayStation blog post details some of the new features that players can look forward to. While there are no major overhauls expected, this update aims to improve the overall user experience and provide a smoother gaming journey. So buckle up and get ready for some exciting tweaks!
Sony is treating its beta participants with a taste of what’s to come. While the limited rollout of the PS5 beta update might leave some gamers feeling left out, those fortunate enough to be part of the select few can anticipate a more refined gaming experience. Who knew tweaks and new features could create so much excitement? Happy gaming!
Original article: https://www.playstationlifestyle.net/2023/07/31/ps5-beta-update-out-today-new-features-detailed/
Leaked Information: Samsung Galaxy S24 Line – Key Features and Speculations
Leaked Information: Samsung Galaxy S24 Line
- The Samsung Galaxy S24 line is set to be released next year.
- News and rumors have been circulating about the potential features and improvements of the new devices.
- The Samsung Galaxy S24 may have a new design with thinner bezels and a smaller hole-punch camera.
- There are speculations that the S24 could feature an under-display selfie camera.
- The devices are expected to come with upgraded processors and improved cameras.
- There might be a Pro model in the S24 lineup with additional premium features.
The Samsung Galaxy S24 line is generating a lot of excitement with its rumored design changes and potential new features. With thinner bezels and a possibly under-display selfie camera, the S24 could be a visually stunning device. The improved processors and cameras are also likely to enhance the overall user experience. Samsung fans should definitely keep an eye out for this highly anticipated release next year.
Original article: https://www.techradar.com/news/samsung-galaxy-s24